Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

HERE AT LAST...

CAIRO - DOWNTOWN
Listening to: To all New Arrivals - Faithless

With two hotels later, we're finally beginning to settle into Cariennes way of life. We are staying in a very basic hotel on the 5th floor of a commercial rundown, almost derelict building in downtown Cairo. Trust me it's a heap better than the first one I'd had us checked into over the internet. We couldn't stay one night!! and we still know how to rough it - is that a good thing? The only way up besides walking a million, filthy, derelict stairs is the elevator - the old fashioned kind, needs two doors to be closed before it will operate except once inside the inner doors can be opened and as it passes empty spaces, a thought crashes through my mind - what if...someone pushed you out? (Hopefully a story idea and not a reality LOL) In between the empty spaces all you see is cement walls and it's as though the wall is moving and not you - quite disconcerting as the elevator makes a steady but rickety climb to the 5th floor. Eeeek!! I've never liked elevators....Next instalment soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment