Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Coffee, tea and cigarettes...

Listening to: 104.2 - Nile FM

It's been TEN DAYS since I had a cup of coffee. Ten days without coffee, milk or biscuits or any food really!! Okay, a slight exaggeration - I'm eating a little, but not much - need to lose weight anyhow. I'm weary after getting so ill in Bangkok which I think was viral gastro probably from the Airline food or some sick dodgy passenger on the plane!

Besides felafel and pita bread there's not much for a vego to eat anyway. Salads are a no go zone! I'd rather go without than get food poisoning, my last and not forgotten experience in Cairo - determined not to let history repeat...

Where was I? Oh yeah - Coffee! Some caffiene withdrawals in Bangkok but then I was pretty sick - so who knows? Rather enjoying black Earl Grey tea when I can get it. Dave however, is still on the coffee and taking more food risks than I, but then he has a cast iron gut!!

Everyone here smokes - nothing unusual about that, everything is the same, same. Whether it be the Middle East or Asia. The cafes, restaurants and hotels can get rather unpleasant though from the smoky, nicotine haze. What is it about the third world cultures and cigarette smoking? This goes for the travellers too which seems to go hand in hand. Besides the social aspect I'm not entirely sure why it still continues to be a popular past time? Ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment