Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Abu Simbel - Philae

Dave had a total blast at Abu Simbel but says I would've hated the mini bus as it was full to overflowing and very cramped with no leg room. Even he was getting restless leg syndrome and a sore back. So while I missed out on this colossal monument it would've trashed me by the sounds of things.

Dave has some great pix and he adored Philae and the Temple of Isis as much as I did on my last visit. He was a very tired vegemite when he returned at 4pm - A long day but a good day!

We visited the famous Aswan souk after dinner and had a great time. Met some wonderful people, made some friends and exchanged emails, bought some scarves and bartered hard - I do it well :) While on one hand you have the hassle from touts driving you to despair and just when you think you can't take anymore or you think you've forgotten how to smile, you find yourself smiling and laughing as you are greeted so warmly with some exceptional people - not to mention some new travelling friends also from places such as Canada, Cuba and France...

Independent travel is such a wonderful way to travel. You experience things so differently when not with a tour group. You also have the bad with the good but you always meet some amazing people along the way. This is what it's all about and Dave and I are totally in our element :) We're the travelling bums we've alwayz been and LOVING IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment