Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Aswan and beyond...

Listening to: Jackson - Jenny Morris & Michael Hutchence

Well Dave and I have done something that we never thought we'd do (it must be the heat scrambling our brain) and I must say I'm now quite anxious about it all. I've heard the horror stories so I will have to trust the Universe that it won't be one for us!

What is it you ask? We're doing a two night, three day cruise to Luxor *yikes*. We had plans to catch the train to Luxor but have since decided to give the cruise a shot since we've not done anything like this before ever, anywhere!! By the time we take off days accommodation and daily expenses in Luxor the cruise didn't cost that much more...but...what are we getting? We're told a 5 star ship but then again...it could be a trawler!!

We are taking two days off our Luxor leg though which is a bit of a concern as there's so much to do there. Again we will have to be ruthless about what we see (we can't see everything!)

Does anyone have any experience with this - I'm thinking of you Jason. Wish us luck - we just might need it. We depart tomorrow morning for Luxor. Aaahh, shit, I spent three days on a felucca from Aswan to Luxor last time. How bad can it be????

Midnight rambler seeing you in Luxor....(fingers & toes crossed)

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and her friends did a cruise to Luxor in 2005. They loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did too!! All worked out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete