Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Why can't I get this right?

This is a pic of the current state of my office/creative space.  What do I do?  Do I write? Do I blog, answer emails, connect with my online community, unpack?

Writing should be number one priority, right? I'm a writer! But of late my priority has been the day job (without that the bills don't get paid) packing and moving - without the boxes I live in limbo - great when travelling not so great when bogged down with responsibilities and financial commitments, and did I mention the constant interruption of tradies - repairs galore!

Needs some attention...
This time poor business is a constant juggle for me switching between the practical, creative, and business mind.  It would seem I don't manage my time well at all, yet in the work place - time management is one of my strong points - so what's that about? Am I just one of those crazy, creative people that constantly distract themselves with other things, like life, which leaves me in this constant flux of creative frustration!

How am I supposed to eat healthy food...
How do you manage your writing/creative time when big things take over your life?  All tips, thoughts, ideas are hugely appreciated.  Should I start by acknowledging what I do do with my time?  I've now blogged (tick), dealt with the oven technician except now I have no door so can't cook - so that's only half a tick, dishwasher repair (still working on that one) Air con service (tick) unpack a box or two, or three (tick) even God forbid a coffee break and relax over the latest edition of Writing Queensland? Not looking likely!

What am I doing wrong?  Maybe I should just get drunk and dance on the beach?  Thoughts...

Midnight rambler juggling too many balls...

No comments:

Post a Comment