Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Movies combined with music brings great storytelling...

To follow on from my last post this video is what I was talking about.  Raise your hands if you're into music, movies and story telling.  Then this is for you.  Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Album 'Up From Below' is told through a series of short films - how cool is that?  This is totally the best marketing tool I've seen especially if music is your thang and if you're visual like you me, you will so totally get this.

This is PART 1 of a 12-Part feature-length movie musical. The opening footage is of singer Alex Ebert's father chanting in Monument Valley - shot by his mother. Desert Song is about Alex's reckoning with the middle name his father secretly wrote on his birth certificate - a Native American name which means 'Devil' or 'Demon'. The debut album from Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, "Up From Below", is available from iTunes.  I will post Part II and Part III over the next few days or you can check them out yourself on their video channel :)

DIRECTED BY: Benjamin Kutsko and Cory Marrero
LABEL: Community Music/Fairfax Recordings - US : Rough Trade - UK
DP: David Myrick
EDITED BY: Alex Ebert and Brandon Driscoll-Luttringer
VFX: Benjamin Kutsko and Casey Allen
WARDROBE BY: Cassandra Kellogg and Amanny Ahmad
MAKEUP: Sarai Fiszel


Click here to listen or on video below.



Midnight rambler seriously wants to write short films...

No comments:

Post a Comment