Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SONG OF THE MONTH....


Okay in the spirit of Christmas, thought I should post a song appropriate for this time of year.  Hmmm...I have mixed feelings about Xmas but some of my fond memories have been through great songs. 

My most favourite is probably 'Please come home for Christmas' by The Eagles.  I decided this song wasn't going to be the song of the month though, because while it's my favourite, it makes me cry. 

So hurtling backwards to 1961 here's a fabulous song that was played year after year in our house not to mention all the other Chubby Checker records that followed and lots of 'Twisting' in the lounge room.  For those of you who don't know 'The Twist' is a dance :-)

Play and have some fun.  If you'd like a wackier version have a listen to Billy Idol's rendition...

Peace, joy and Christmas cheer...

No comments:

Post a Comment