Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance...

Listening to: Wendy Rule - Shine


It's my Mum's anniversary today (11 years).  I miss her still. 

The picture to the left (Mum dancing, Grandma clapping) epitmosises my wonderful memories of my Mum, her laughter, love of music and dance.

I really wanted to play you a song Shine by Wendy Rule, a song I dedicated at Mum's funeral service, a song that I adore and always, always makes me think of her.  But...I cannot find it anywhere on the net for you to listen - so the best I can do is include the lyrics below:  
For you Mum because you shine

You were bound you were lost you were captured
With your infinite soul counting hours
In a web where each thread held a future
And the future holds infinite powers.

You are braver than mythical heroes
You have rescued the child of the dreamland
You have conquered the beast of the shadow
The universe is centred on where you stand.   

Feel the world at your feet
Freedom calls you from time
And all because you shine
You are drinking the nectar divine.

You have broken the rings that hold Saturn
You are shedding the clothes of your sorrow
And the summer is singing its passion
And the universe calls you to follow

Feel the world at your feet
Freedom calls you from time
And all because you shine
You are drinking the nectar divine

~ Wendy Rule ~

My mother, my friend - I will love you until the stars fall from the sky!!





Midnight Rambler signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment