Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

End of an era...


What a great night I had on Thursday at the QWC (Queensland Writing Centre).  It was their last ever Xmas gig  at Edward Street, Brisbane.  It's exciting times as they move to their new home at the State Library, South Bank, early 2010.   Their new programme for workshops and seminars has been launched - details here

Congratulations to Jenny Stubbs for winning this years Johnno Award.

It is with some sadness that I write this. It was a nostaligic night as we moved from laughter, awards and speeches and into the workshop areas of the QWC to write on the wall for the last time.  But with that sadness comes new beginnings, fresh starts and whole new adventures, opening new doors and embracing change.

It was wonderful to catch up with friends, writing peers and industry professionals, some I see often and others not so often.  And of course meeting new faces.  Either way it all felt like yesterday in a good way.  The energy that filled the room with a bunch of passionate and dedicated writers is a force to be reckoned with.  Any lagging energy I had upon arrival had dissipated within minutes.

I just adore industry nights, workshops, crit groups and the like because I always come away feeling like Wonder Woman, no not in the way that I wear super hero outfits and save the world but in a way that makes me believe anything and everything is achievable.  It doesn't matter that I've complained all week about the lack of time, or sleep, or too much energy spent on things that don't fuel the passion.  Feeling like Wonder Woman makes everything possible. 

I want to write and write and write even though come mid week I will want to sleep and sleep but in between times before I hit the slump I've already put heaps of words on the page and I'm being true to myself again. 
I'm a writer and I need to write.  Write every day.  It's like a drug I can't possibly do without and events like these fuel the passion to keep going for longer each time.  It's exciting, wonderful and I don't ever want to come down!

Thanks to QWC, a wonderful writing community, and wonderful friends, I Love and treasure you all...

Peace...
Midnight rambler signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment