Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, November 5, 2010

WHAT HAPPENED on the way to…

There were a few things I wanted to blog about earlier this week and already it’s the end of week one into November – what the…
Between working and writing and subbing and stuff, the week has got away on me.  So here is a brief rundown of what I’ve been doing besides working in that other job that pays the bills.
·    Attending an awesome Masterclass at the QWC with the Master himself Simon Higgins on writing good YA.  But essentially it came down to just really great tips on good writing, regardless of the genre you write in.  I met some great people on the day and came away much more enlightened than when I arrived;
·    Applied for a Graduate Certificate in Screenwriting course for 2011 with AFTRS – what made me think I could get my application in good form with everything else that was going on around me in a week, I have no idea – doh!
·     And in addition to the above idiocy I wrote a short story and subbed two – one has since been rejected but at least it was a nice prompt reply and I’m not kept waiting in suspense.
And I want to write about Triple J’s Ausmusic month but I will post that tomorrow Inshallah
Midnight rambler dreading the thought of a 5.30am start tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment