Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ausmusic Month...

Finally, I get to post something to do with music!  My first music post for the month and I will be highlighting Australian music in line with Triple J’s Ausmusic month.

It was with sad irony that we lost James Freud, front man for Models to suicide on 4th November, 2010.  Models, an alternative rock band had a great influence on the Australian music scene in the late seventies/eighties.  So while I’m paying tribute to Ausmusic month and celebrating great Australian music this decade, it’s still fair to mention the impact our local bands have had on Australian music regardless of their era.  Rest in peace James
The song I’m going to kick off with this month is from the featured artist on Triple J’s unearthed.  Lanie Lane – she is magnificent.  Have a listen, check out the article and click here for a free mp3 download of her single.





Midnight rambler dreading another 5.30am start...

No comments:

Post a Comment