Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Corpses, ghosts and broken glass...

Jessica Armbrust (Director) with Moi (writer)
Finally got to meet the beautiful and talented Jessica Armbrust (Director of my ten minute play) The Corpse cannot Play and the lovely actors Susie Omar (who played Katherine) and Alex Hines (Carol).  Their performance was convincing, and exuberant bringing my characters to life.

Alex Hines & Susie Omar
I'm so incredibly excited about how this play was represented.  With no prior collaboration or discussion as planned, Jessica interpreted my vision pretty much spot on.  Susie and Alex owned their roles as Katherine and Carol giving it their all. 

It was fantastic to have my wonderful supportive friends come out and watch it along with nine other great plays.

Was I nervous on the night?  Hell yeah.  Not because I didn't trust the direction or the performances - it was more about it being out there for the world to see...but love it or hate it -  I'm still rapt my little play saw the light of day...

We didn't make the finals but nevertheless it was a blast.  It's not over yet as we enter into week two of the top 20 plays.  I have tix for Friday and Saturday night which include the Gala/Finals.

If you haven't checked out the biggest and coolest little play festival in the world then don't delay!  Do it now by booking tickets here.

Midnight rambler doing the happy dance

No comments:

Post a Comment