Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, May 29, 2009

The three www's...










Listening to: Inshallah – Eskimo Joe


No, I’m not talking about the worldwide web. I’m talking writing, walking and water and not necessarily in that order.

Finally, after months and months of constant computer issues, from rebuilding hard drives, to faulty motherboards (from a brand new computer) finally it seems to be functioning as it should.

During this time, I managed to pull out large chunks of hair to which I have to wear a hat to hide my sudden baldness eeek! *joking* I lost files, email contacts (if I haven’t contacted you, this is one of the reasons why), short stories, rewrites, photos and so the list goes on… I was in computer hell…

So once computer was back on track I had exactly one week to throw myself into work and meet necessary deadlines. Applying for the ASA mentorship (to which I was unsuccessful) then the preparation for a writing retreat in the hills, critiquing stories for retreat, editing my story for submission, the beginning of a rewrite of first novel while editing the second. Compiling ideas for an 8-12 year old and a YA story, subbing short stories and finishing another YA. No, I’ve only managed to complete some of the tasks – none of it was possible in a week but that week did help me find my rhythm and re-ignite my passion for writing YAY!

My morning walks tied in with
morning pages inspired by Julia Cameron and being thrown into the deep end of meeting deadlines has been a worthwhile experience for me. Although some deadlines were missed, I’m still satisfied with my effort, but more importantly I’m writing again. Writing with passion and more determined than ever!

Would love to hear your experience of finding your way back into writing after stopping for whatever reason if you’d like to share :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kat you are so right - wine of course!! How could I forget...

    ReplyDelete