Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Song of the month...

Well it’s not hard to see that I’m way behind with my song of the month – perhaps I should rename this ‘song of the Quarter’

I hope to change this and be more prolific with posting like some other wonderful writer’s I know.

I have chosen a wonderful song called ‘Dog Days’ by
Florence and the Machine Since we are now moving into winter – it’s a pretty pertinent song – don’t you think?

Dog Days

Definition: These are the hottest and most unhealthy days of the year. Also known as Canicular Days, the name derives from the Dog Star, Sirius. The traditional timing of Dog Days is the 40 days beginning July 3 and ending August 11, coinciding with the heliacal (at sunrise) rising of Sirius. For us in the Southern Hemisphere it is usually between January and early March.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment