Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sparkling ocean and clear skies...

Listening to: the sound of the ocean

Our Dahab days of clear water, sunny clear skies and smiling faces are coming to an end :( In hindsight I wished we'd booked for longer. Maybe we can still reschedule our flights - but Egypt Scare - oops I mean Air, is a little dodgy and never seems to have vacant seats but we can try. Still waiting to hear back from our travel agent to see if we can change our Thailand plans slightly, which would give us a bit more time for things to hopefully settle down. We feel that some of our days in Dahab have been wasted due to our concern with Thailand and looking at other options as it was only yesterday the airport cleared and we're still be warned by Australian officials not to go there, but the airlines or travel insurance don't quite see it that way...

Dave is off on a snorkelling and camel ride expedition into the Wadi's of the Sinai with a Bedouin guide, Ibrahim. He is expected to be gone all day and I'm very keen to catch up on all his adventures. I'm still full of the flu - that he gave me!! so am going to lie in the sun for awhile and read my book.

Oh, and there is this adorable dog that hangs out with us, I've nicknamed her 'Foxy lady' coz she has the face of a fox and she is ever sooooo' cute :)

Midnight rambler wandering off into the desertscape....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shel - you are seeing some amazing places - I can't wait to see the photo's when you get back! The heat sounds worse than here ... but it's pretty bad this weekend! I had an xmas party at my place last night - was good fun - the rain finally came to cool things down so we just sat and drank in the rain! :) I hope you can sort out the Thailand part of your trip soon. Take Care. Have fun! Lotsa Luv. Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve, sorry we missed your party - sounds like fun :) Yeah, it's been hot but a dry heat so in lotsa ways heaps better than contending with all that humidity. It's cool in the shade when you can find it LOL. Thailand is sorted - see next post.
    Luv ya xxx

    ReplyDelete