Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Is home where the heart is...

Home is where the heart is - or is it?
A question I've pondered numerously over the years. My heart belongs in Sydney - yet I live in BrisVegas!  Why not Sydney, my home?  The jury's still out on that one...

But having said that, it gets me to thinking about home and what it is or what home means, and as I grow older and move into being the creative 'goddess' I'm destined to be :)  I find Home means, and is many different things at different points in our life.

It could be: where you hang your hat; or living out of a backpack, something I've been known to do for three years at a time, travelling the world and exploring other peoples homes :) - it could be your campervan, one day I will no doubt hit the road in my funked up purple 'love bug' with hand painted peace signs; or a studio apartment in a major city, oh how I've loved this option; a share room in the back of someone's house, it's amazing how homely you can make a simple, small space; or a tree hut in the middle of the rainforest, haven't tried this one yet, but willing to consider.

Whatever Home means to you will no doubt change many times as life isn't static - but whatever 'home' means to you at this given moment, nurture it, cherish it, seek it out and let it wrap its arms around you welcoming you, giving you a SAFE place to fall.

Now, for some fun - enjoy LCD Soundsystem version of what home is by clicking on the video below or by clicking here and in the meantime drop me a line and let me know what home means to you.



Midnight rambler finding the earth beneath her feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment