Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ten reasons why every author should blog...

This post believe it or not has been surrounded by a lot of indecision.  Last weekend I had the good fortune of attending a workshop at the QWC on Blogging and Social Networking with Joanna Penn
Why the indecision? because it was damn amazing and insightful it really reinforced why I need a new blog/website – like NOW!  So the question was: Do I build a new blog site before I make anymore posts or keep posting on the existing one until I have the new one up and running?  It’s all fraught with problems because if I keep posting to the old format while working on the new one – my old one continues to grow when in fact I want to archive it. 
And since now I have returned to working full time with a 4.30am rise and shine, and sadly no, not to write (I wish) my routine is totally out of whack.  I was working nights so you can see what this might be doing to my body clock let alone finding time to build a new blog/website. 
So I’ve decided to post on the old blog for this post (new one is coming) because the things I learned from the workshop was just too good not to share. 
Ten reasons for starting and/or improving your author platform:
1.       A blog is a website with special powers
2.       Bloggers are a powerful community
3.       Every writer should blog – here’s why
4.       People connect with faces – Vlog!
5.       Online networking with other Authors, Bloggers and Marketers 
6.       Online presence with quality content
7.       Baby steps…it all takes time to grow your business
8.       WordPress, Blogger is all free and great to get started but as your business grows consider owning your site – here are some of the reasons why
9.       Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate. Check out this amazing video.
10.   Embrace the Twitter – its power is extremely effective for online networking and promoting your business/brand.  Here are some great tips
What are you doing to promote your author brand?  Please share your tips and/or ideas - I still have soooo' much to learn :)
Midnight Rambler embracing the twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment