Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A step or two backwards...

Many apologies for not blogging of late.  Considering my last post I’m not doing very well am I?  I was all geared up with Twitter, facebook and building my author platform…so where is it?  I haven’t taken a hiatus from social media intentionally. 
I’m sorry that I haven’t been communicating.  Life simply has got in the way of creative pursuits, much to my annoyance, as my life is mostly made up of working full time with ridiculous starts at 4.30am.  For those who know me personally – you know that this hour of the morning is normally my bed time…talk about a challenge!
I have been researching website options, hosting, vlogging and doing a ton of reading on the subject but and there’s a big BUT!  I find between juggling the full time job and family commitments it all very time consuming.  I know you’re supposed to be able to set up a blog within a few hours – I think I’m too fussy.  I spent hours scouring templates and happy with none of them!  Do you see the problem here? 
So my planned activities for Easter just didn’t happen.  The new blog is still not up and the website not even close to being built. 
How about you?  Did you achieve all that you planned over Easter and did you rest and relax and enjoy?  We have another long weekend here in BrisVegas so for us Brisbanites another chance to catch up on things that got missed last weekend.
I’m still in the process of creating some groovy slideshows of my travels to Egypt from way back in 2008.  Still not completed yet as we speak and I need them for tomorrow night for travel movie/photo night at friend’s house…nothing like a deadline to get me moving.  I really need to address this.  Really – it’s almost three years since that glorious trip and I still don’t have it all up and ready to present.  I will have by tomorrow morning though.
I’m uploading and burning as I write this to you J And after tomorrow night, the plan is to get a 'new look' blog up and running by the end of Monday night.  Fingers crossed I can make this happen and fingers crossed you no longer have to read my posts on this site.  I’m planning on something new, fresh and maybe even a little funky J
Best keep going…I will check in with you on my progress over the weekend…so maybe one more post on this site J
Midnight rambler slowly making progress…

No comments:

Post a Comment