Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Friday, February 19, 2010

Black, sleek, small and funky...

Listening to:  Black Crow - Angus & Julia Stone

Thanks to all of you who participated in my poll I posted a few weeks back - it helped me make a decision.  Part of me still would love the Mac but for now I took your advice and stuck with the PC.  A tiny pc the Asus 1008HA netbook (Eee pc).  It's black, sleek, shiny, funky and it fits in my handbag - what's there not to love!

Finally got myself a router and now can operate this little beauty wirelessly around the house or with my new fandangled dongle anywhere in Australia that has internet coverage.  That aside, this little machine is primarily for my writing and write I plan to do...

For the first time in a long time I actually feel I have complete portability.  I used to have a laptop that was never portable as the battery just wouldn't charge so constantly hooked up to the mains and it was bulky and heavy!  Completely useless to me.  This funky little machine is just what I need, it's light weighing less that 1.5kg, it has full size keys unlike some of the Eee pc's, it has an LED back lit screen (very snazzy) and hey I just love it! 

So me and my portable machine is off to the cafe by the beach tomorrow to write...

Midnight rambler is writing....

2 comments:

  1. I have a little Eee PC and it's great. Super light and easy to carry around with good battery life (although it does sacrifice screen brightness to get that battery life, making it a little hard to use when outdoors). It's not perfect but it does a very good job as a portable writing and web browsing unit.

    Hope yours does all you need it to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they're great aren't they? I will be giving it a good test in a weeks time as I will be going portable for at least seven days and have a lot of writing and research to do, so will let you know how it handles :-)

    ReplyDelete