Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

40 DAY DREAM - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


I'm really digging this band because they speak to me...'Yeah, right what does that mean?' I hear you say.  Well if you know their first release HOME - it talks about what is home to you, what does home mean. It means so many things to so many people and I've been asking myself that alot lately.  Where is home to me?  I'm nomadic by nature so I don't get the concept of settling down and living in one place.  So...does that mean there's something wrong with me - probably, but I don't care.  I think these guyz idea of home makes a lot of sense.  And for now, their take on it pretty much defines HOME to me...

But we're not talking about that song this week, we're talking '40 Day Dream' ' First of all I love to dream and who wouldn't want the best dream of your life to last 40 days and 60 nights?  Too good to be true and one of the magickal mystery kind - hey it's all very psychadelic and I love it...I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I love these dudes, their energy, their depth behind basic lyrics...Have a listen and let me know what you think....Oh and turn it up loud and just dance and have some fun!

Midnight rambler preparing for the third instalment of the 40 day dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment