Visit me at my new site ~ click below for my latest posts...

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Piano is good for the soul...

I was chatting with my very dear friend today and we got to talking about pianos and my passion for musical instruments: piano, drums and guitar being on my hitlist of things to learn since I was knee high to a grass hopper!

I learnt the guitar, not very good, even had an electric gat (NZ slang) with amplifier that I adored, but since gave it to a good home and am content with my acoustic Tanglewood. 

I never officially learnt how to play the drums but I bought a set anyway in my teens and drove the neighbourhood insane.  We were threatened with eviction so, they too (sadly) found a good home.

Last but not least, I bought a keyboard (no space where I live for a real piano) and I learnt a wee bit, mostly self taught and not very good, but somewhere deep inside I know I can be, so until I take up those lessons again - it got me to thinking about some of the pieces that inspired me over the years and here is one of them.  A David Bowie great and one that had me enraptured for all of my teens, and even today the piano in this piece still stirs the soul in so many ways I couldn't even begin to describe it.

Hope you enjoy...

midnight rambler seriously considering taking up those lessons again...

(nb: picture taken above at a B&B on recent trip to Wellington, New Zealand)

No comments:

Post a Comment